What is it?
ARI or Residence Permit for Investment activity is the ability of foreign investors (third country nationals) require a residence permit for the purpose of carrying out an investment activity by completing certain requirements, including the completion of transfer of capital, job creation or purchase of real estate.
The most used by stakeholders, has been buying real estate.
Who can apply?
All those who, being nationals of third States, to exercise at least one of the activities of investment under the law:
• Acquisition of real property with a value equal to or greater than EUR 500 000
• Transfer of capital in an amount equal to or greater than 1 million
• Creation of at least 10 jobs
• Citizens of third capital of a company established in Portugal or in another member state of the European Union, and with a permanent establishment in Portugal to meet one of the requirements outlined above
Other requirements that need to be met
• Absence of conviction for a crime which in Portugal is punishable by deprivation of liberty for a term of not less than 1 year
• Do not meet in the period of prohibition of entry into the country, following a removal of the country
• No indication on the Schengen Information System
• No indication on the integrated information system SEF, for the purposes of refusing entry
• Maintenance of investment activity for a minimum period of 5 years
Advantages Visa Gold
• Allow, in a very simplified, enter and remain in Portugal or in another European country
• Allows settle and invest in Portugal, creating links with the Portuguese territory and others that we are related through the Schengen area
• Enables privileged access to areas with growing economies, which have good relations with Portugal
• Allows access to permanent residence permit
• Allows access to Portuguese nationality
Duration Visa Gold
The residence permit is granted for an initial period of 1 year and may be renewed every two years (fulfilling the requirements of assignment).
Renewal of Visa Gold
For renewal of a residence permit, applicants must demonstrate citizens have met the following minimum periods of stay in the country:
• 7 days at the first year
• 14 days in the subsequent two-year periods
Required Documents / Evidence
• Passport or other valid travel document
• Proof of entry and legal stay in Portugal
• Proof of health insurance
• Requirement for consultation Portuguese criminal record by the Aliens and Borders
• Criminal Record Certificate from the country of origin or country of residence for more than 1 year
• Situation contributory regularized
Holders of a residence permit can apply for family reunification.